Bristol Short Stays
Quality serviced houses and short stay lettings in Bristol
Bristol Short Stays - Terms & Conditions
Bristol Short Stays staff wish to keep our terms and conditions as simple and straightforward as possible. Given the nature of our business, however, it is imperative that all parties understand the terms under which a house rental is agreed.
You are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms and conditions, whether you are the booker, a guest of a booker or anyone included in a Bristol Short Stays property rental booked by someone else.
- The rates we quote are explicit (per person per night (pppn) or per house per night (phpn). Once we have confirmed your booking we will not change the rate quoted unless you amend the booking or in the unlikely event that our cost of supplying the accommodation changes as a result of tax changes or currency fluctuations beyond our control. Bookings are subject to a minimum of four nights.
- Prices include VAT at the prevailing rates, plus any charges for debit or credit card payment. Online payments are processed by HSBC Global Payments and are compliant with current online payment regulations.
- Our prices also include heating, electricity, gas, water, Virgin Freeview and wi-fi broadband access. In the interests of the environment we request you are judicious with your use of heat and water. We cannot guarantee the quality of internet signal at any time, although we rarely experience any problems.
- Prices also include a weekly clean change of bed linen and towels, where a rental exceeds a week. Additional cleans or changes are available on request for a small additional charge.
- Private off-road parking is included in the price. Each car is parked at the owner’s risk and is not covered by our insurance.
- You can book online on our website. You can also book by phone (0117 334 3020) or request a booking by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We take payment in full upon confirmation of booking. If you cancel your booking we will refund in line with our cancellation policy. See section 3 for changes and cancellations.
- If booking online you can pay by credit or debit card and we do not pass on the processing fees. You can request to pay by cash, cheque or bank transfer. We must receive cash and cheques at least five working days prior to the start of the booking.
- You must tell us, at the time of booking, the names and contact numbers of all guests and information on whether they are adults or minors (under 18).
- Please check all details are correct on your confirmation. If anything is incorrect please inform us immediately. We do not accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in the documentation. If there is an error in the confirmation or invoice, we reserve the right to correct it as soon as possible, at a minimum within five business days of issue or, if your stay with us starts within seven business days of booking, no later than 24 hours before you arrive.
- Special needs or requests: we’re a family-run business and will try to accommodate any special needs or requests you may have. Please inform us in writing (via email@example.com) at the time of your booking, or as much in advance as possible. We cannot guarantee to be able to cater to your needs and requests are accepted on a ‘best endeavours’ basis. Special requests may incur additional costs.
Changes to a booking
We will do our best to accommodate any changes you may have to make.
- Please let us know in writing (via firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to change your booking.
- Changes to the arrival date will be treated as a cancellation and rebooking.
All changes of date are subject to availability. If we cannot accommodate your changed date, we will reinstate your original booking. Some changes may incur a small administration fee.
- Staying longer: if you wish to extend your stay please let us know as soon as possible. Any extension is subject to availability and rate change. We reserve the right to take additional payments and charges from any credit/debit card used to make the original booking, or to invoice for the extended period, in which case your additional payment must be received within five working days.
- Cancellation. In the event you wish to cancel your booking, we charge as follows: if you cancel more than two weeks from your booked start date, we will charge 25% of the rental. If you cancel within two weeks from your booked start date, we will charge 100% of the rental charge. We will, of course, endeavour to accept alternative bookings for late cancellations and if the opportunity arises we will charge the lower rate for your cancellation.
- Changes we make: it is unlikely we will have to alter your booking but we reserve the right to do so if necessary. In this instance we will contact you by telephone or receipted e-mail. If possible we will offer you alternative accommodation. If you do not wish to accept a change or any alternative apartment offered or we cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, we will offer you a refund unless the contingency is out of our control, such as hostilities, an act of God, fire, flood, lightning strike, epidemic or utility failure.
- We are not responsible for any theft of, or damage to, your belongings during your stay. Neither are we responsible for your personal health and safety. We advise you to take out suitable insurances.
- Bristol Short Stays is not liable for any inconvenience or loss caused by failure of services such as Virgin Freeview or internet connection.
Limits of accommodation
- Bristol Short Stays rental properties are for use as short-term, temporary accommodation for the purposes of business or leisure visits. They do not constitute an additional residence of guests and guests are not entitled to claim tenancy, assured shorthold or assured tenancy. There is no landlord/tenant relationship and no statutory security of tenure.
- The number of guests staying must not exceed the number of beds as described on the Bristol Short Stays website.
Arrival and departure
- Standard check-in times are from 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday, or by special arrangement in writing. Bristol Short Stays will provide the booker with details of key access, prior to arrival. Additional keys can be provided on request. It is guests’ responsibility to ensure they keep every key secure at all times and that they are returned at the end of the rental period. We reserve the right to charge for replacement keys and, if deemed necessary, the replacement of locks.
- All guests must check out by 11am at the latest on the day of the departure.
- If any guest fails to vacate the property at the end of the agreed period without agreeing an extension in writing with Bristol Short Stays, the booker will be charged the appropriate accommodation charges for the continued period of occupation.
- These conditions constitute an excluded agreement under S(3A)(7)(a) within the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended). They cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended).
Maintenance and equipment
- We carry out routine maintenance and occasionally may need to access your rental house during your stay, for which we will give you 24 hours’ notice except in the case of emergency.
- Each guest is limited to a data download of one gigabyte per day. Guests are not allowed to tamper with, or disconnect, any electrical or electronic equipment. Guests must not use the Bristol Short Stays internet connection for any illegal or immoral purpose. We reserve the right to report misuse to the appropriate authorities and to disconnect the service at any time.
- Bristol Short Stays cannot guarantee or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of services or facilities within the house. We will use best endeavours to rectify any problems as quickly as possible following notification.
- Smoking is not permitted in any house belonging to Bristol Short Stays. Guests may smoke electronic cigarettes with the permission of other guests. Smoking is permitted in outside areas where ashtrays are provided.
- Pets are not allowed in any Bristol Short Stays house, with the exception of assistance dogs for people with disabilities.
- Guests are required to behave responsibly at all times, keeping all noise and disturbance to a reasonable level, particularly between 11pm and 7am.
- We have a zero tolerance policy towards abusive or threatening behaviour.
- Guests are not permitted to engage in any illegal or immoral activities while staying in a Bristol Short Stays property. We may notify appropriate authorities if we suspect any illegal activity.
- We want you to enjoy your stay, but guests are not allowed to hold parties.
- We will make an additional charge if we are required to attend the property to resolve any issues caused by bad behaviour.
- Bristol Short Stays does not accept bookings from groups of minors under the age of 18 unless by special agreement in writing. You must inform us at the time of booking how many guests will be under the age of 18 at the time of the stay.
Respect of the house, fixtures and fittings
- Guests are required to treat the Bristol Short Stays property with respect. All guests are responsible for keeping all furniture, fittings, fixtures, equipment and effects in the same condition as on arrival. There is an inventory of items in each rental property. Guests must notify us of any damage to, or loss of, any item. You must also alert us to any matter requiring maintenance.
- Bristol Short Stays will charge in full for any damages or losses.
- Guests are expected to leave the house in a reasonable state of tidiness and cleanliness. If we have to arrange for specialist cleaning such as for carpets or upholstery we will pass on the charges including a levy for inconvenience and any loss of earnings while the house is being restored.
Persons with disabilities
- Our houses have varying levels of suitability for persons with disabilities. Inside, there is level access to amenities but outside there are some steps. We provide a wheelchair ramp at no extra cost. Please contact us before booking any party which includes a person with physical or mental difficulties. We reserve the right to decline accommodation for a disabled person if, in our opinion, our property will not properly suit their needs.
Your health and safety
- Please familiarise yourself on arrival with the layout of the house, including steps and equipment, and take time to read the safety information provided in the guest folder. All guests are responsible for their own health and safety.
Quality and feedback
- Bristol Short Stays is a concept specifically designed to offer guests a comfortable, high-spec home-from-home visit to Bristol, avoiding impersonal hotels. Our accommodation is of significant quality and we conduct regular inspections to ensure all fixtures and fittings remain in good condition.
- We welcome your feedback. Please take time to give us your opinions and any constructive criticism. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your accommodation please notify us as soon as possible and we will make every endeavour to resolve the issue quickly.
These terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to evict guests if they are in breach of any condition, with no refund. These conditions are governed by English law.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as necessary.
This version: November 2014
back to top of page...
Bristol is a great place to visit for work or pleasure. It’s a business powerhouse for the thrusting career person. For the leisure visitor it has a fascinating history, enviable architecture, astonishing engineering, beautiful river network and is a hub of arts and culture.
Each of our serviced rental houses in Bristol is furnished, equipped and maintained to the highest standards: we ensure you have everything you need for your comfort, safety and pleasure. You’ll find plenty of parking at each property, but also excellent public transport links across the city and beyond. A ‘welcome pack’ will await you on arrival.
Copyright © 2014 Bristol Short Stays